Monday, February 12, 2007

Home Again

I'm back! My husband and I had a great time in Charlotte, North Carolina. We stayed with his cousins and went to a big party last night celebrating the engagement of another cousin. We saw many friends and relatives of my husband's and met lots of people we didn't know before, friends and relatives of the groom. I had a chance to experience what my students experience when they find themselves in the middle of a conversation in English, not understanding everything, and wanting to participate but not being quite able to (only for me the language was Greek, which I speak, but not very well). :-)

1 comment:

Hiromi said...

Welcome back, Nina!

I'm glad that you came back your hometown safely. Also, I enjoyed reading about your story in Charlotte. I don't know what it's like to speak Greek because I've never done that before, but it seems to be hard...

Anyway, see you soon!